Saturday, October 22, 2011

How To: Get out of a speeding ticket :)

On Tuesday morning I headed to Lubbock with my girls (Dot and Kaydence) because Eric and I decided it was time to get them fixed :(. I had to be there no later than 9am and I pulled into the clinic around 8:30. It took about an hour to fill out the paper work and get them checked in. 10:00 comes around and my phone beeps. By now all of you know what this means :) Eric had commented on my facebook. After my heat stroke settled down, lol, I realize what Eric had just said. He said he could skype and wanted to know if I was near a computer. Usually I start to check my self in the mirror at this point and run for my computer, but this time was much different. I was in Shallowater and a good 50 minutes from my computer. I replied back "can you wait 35 minutes?" Haha as you can tell, I was in a HUGE hurry. Eric tells me that he might get kicked off of the internet and might not be able to skype when I get home. Well as soon as I read that, a flood of emotions hit me. We were commenting back and forth the entire way home so I was hopeful that he will still be able to skype with me. He told me be to be safe and not to hurry. YEA RIGHT!!! Once I get to Sudan, I am confident that I will get home in plenty of time to see my husband. I get about 2 miles outside of Muleshoe when I see the blue and red lights in my rearview mirror :( I was SO close but still SO far away (I finally truly understand that saying lol). Anyway, this poor cop had no idea that when he pulled me over, he would be the one to feel like a Jack@$$ lol. He comes up to my window and I was doing just fine until I had to speak. He says "you were going a little fast back there" (I was going about 85 lol) I just replied with "I know." Well, as soon as the words came out of my mouth, tears started rolling down my face. Let me tell you, these were no light tears either, these were full on bawling my eyes out, nose running, can't breath tears. This poor cop was very sweet and our conversation went a little like this…

Cop- Where are you heading?
Me- Home.
Cop- Where is home?
Me- Muleshoe.
Cop- Where are you coming from?
Me- Lubbock.
Cop- Can I ask you why you are so upset?
Me- I'm just trying to get home so I can skype with my husband.
Cop- Where is your husband ma'am?
Me- He's in Afghanistan
At this point the officer really starting rushing this process.
Cop- Well when does he get back?
Me- In April or May.
Now this is the funny part.
Cop- Alright, well you're only about 2 miles away so you're very close. Let me just go get your WARNING ma'am. (let me remind you that I was going about 85 haha)

The entire process took about 6 minutes lol and after I drove away, I felt absolutely terrible for the guy, but I did make it home in time to skype with Eric so I didn't feel too bad, plus it makes for a pretty funny story.
So, LADIES if you ever get pulled over, sob stories really do work ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you and Momma always get out of ticket, and I always GET the ticket. So happy you talked to your man. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete