Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Deployment

Hello everyone,
It has been over a year since I have last blogged and I figured now would be the best time to get back at it. Well, Kayla decided now would be the best time lol. My lovely sister told me that I should start blogging as a way to vent and to let everyone know how Eric and I are doing during this deployment. I will be posting updates from Eric as I get them, how I am handling this change in my life, as well as how I am spending these long 6-7 months. LETS GET STARTED!!! :)
As most of you know, Eric deployed to Afghanistan on October 4th. As you know, we took many pictures. Some of which turned out really cute, and most that turned out really sad lol. This has by far been to hardest thing I have ever had to go through in my life and I'm sure it isn't easy for Eric either. We have really had a ton of support from our loved ones and even from people we barley know. I just want to take a moment to thank everyone for their kind words, their support, and most of all, their prayers. You have no idea how much we appreciate and need them. Here are a few pictures that i'm sure most of you have already seen, but I would like to post them for those of you that haven't.

This is probably my favorite picture of the day.


These are our 2 best friends Justin and Lindsey. We are very lucky to have them in our lives :)


I just love this picture of Eric!!!


There was lots and lots of hugging <3


Our "see you later's" (I hate saying goodbye) lasted a pretty long time


Lindsey and I watching them get on the bus :(


Momma took many pictures for us but I only wanted to post a few. Eric arrived safely to Afghanistan and we have realized that there is a 15 hour difference between us, so talking is tough because it is hard to catch each other, but we are adjusting. Eric has informed me that he would like a swiffer lol. He tells me that there has been nothing but rain and sand storms since he arrived. He likes his roommates (he has 2) and he says their rooms are like cargo freight boxes lol but they do have air conditioning. I don't know exactly what he is doing out there right now, but hopefully I will get an update soon.
I have been doing ok. I am living with The Purdy's in Muleshoe and Rylan is doing a pretty good job of keeping me entertained while Eric is away. I am surrounded by many of my loved ones and they have really been doing a fantastic job of supporting Eric and I as well as keeping me busy. Mark and Lynda are just 1.6 miles away (yes I checked lol) so I'm sure I will be seeing them often. Please just remember to keep all of us in your prayers and to pray for Eric's safety. Thank you all for your support!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I think it will be good for you, and many of us to keep updated. We love you both and we are here for you. God is here guiding you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyra, you are both so lucky to have each other in your lives. God bless Eric for the sacrifices he is making, and may God bless you for supporting your husband and staying strong during his deployment. You are truly an inspiration; we have been praying and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete