Sunday, October 16, 2011

The most wonderful invention EVER!!!

This morning I was getting ready for church when my phone beeped, this meant I had a facebook notification. Every single time my phone beeps at me, I get a little too excited and most of the time it isn't Eric sending me a message, but this morning was different. I hadn't heard from him since Thursday and I was starting to get worried. Everyone tells me "No news in good news" but those words still have not set in for me. I get a little freaked out when I don't hear from him, even if he just went to the grocery store lol. Anyway I am getting off subject. I checked my facebook and for once it was actually him :) For some reason when I see that I have a message or a comment from him, I get like a heat stroke and my heart starts racing and I get kind of sweaty (HAHA super attractive right?) Anyway, he had asked if I was near a computer, and I replied "Yes, just getting ready for church." About 10 minutes went by, and my phone beeped again. As I checked my facebook again, I saw the 3 most beautiful words I had ever seen in my life "GET ON SKYPE." I literally started shaking (and checking my hair and make up in the mirror lol). I FINALLY got to see and talk to my husband, and it was the best 29 minutes and 16 seconds of these past 2 weeks. I was almost late for church but, honestly I didn't care lol. When I got to church I was in a wonderful mood, the sermon was great, I got to see many people I haven't seen in years, and I was surrounded with love from every direction. Everything was perfect, that is until the end. Stacy Conner (the preacher) decided it would be a good idea to call me up to the front of the church and thank me for supporting such a wonderful man and to ask everyone to pray for our family and his safety while he is overseas. This was by far one of the sweetest things I have ever experienced; however, I ended up crying in front of my entire church family lol. It is so moving to have so many people supporting Eric and his family. I just want to thank everyone again for their prayers and support, and to let you all know how much we appreciate them. You are all such blessings in our lives, and I honestly don't think I could get through this without y'all.
OK on a different note. Here is a little update on Eric. He said he is doing just fine and he is adjusting pretty well. He has met some of the villagers and their children and he tells me they are all very nice so far. He says there are still sand storms all the time and he is down to 1 roommate. I guess the other one got moved to a different room. So the "cargo freight sized room" is a little better now lol. He says he gets bored a lot and has some kind of duty all the time. We figured out that the best time to talk for both of us is around 10am our time and 7pm his time. So now there are about 9 hours difference between us. He isn't able to tell me much about what he does, but he assures me he is safe right now (I don't think he would tell me otherwise lol). He tells me that the food there is awesome and that all of the people that work in the chow hall are from different countries, so all of the food they cook is very different from ours and he is loving it. That is pretty much all he is able to fill me in on right now, but I'll take what I can get :).
We love you all and thank you for your support.
Kyra

3 comments:

  1. Crying right now (in an excited-for-you way)!!

    So glad your church family is taking care of you AND that you got to see and talk with your precious significant other!!

    Loved seeing you last week...yall are on my heart and at the top of my prayer list!

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day today was. Seeing you smile and talk about Eric made my heart beat fast for you. I agree Skype is awesome, and your sweating is kind of stinky. LOL Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE skype! When Seth, my husband now, but boyfriend when he was deployed was in Iraq, I would do the exact same- heart start racing, and would get all sorts of sweaty :) It is the best feeling in the world to receive facebook messages saying GET ON SKYPE!! You guys are in my prayers. It was good to see you Sunday. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete