Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Keeping Busy

Sorry, but this post is going to be pretty long. October was a very busy month in the Purdy household, and Kayla has been doing a great job of keeping my schedule full. We are expecting my beautiful niece to arrive sometime Friday afternoon, and I could not be more excited. Of course Kayla has kept me busy doing stuff in her nursery. We had her baby shower on the 28th, and it could not have been more of a success or more fun. I was so happy to get to spend time with family. I think Kayla and Tyson got everything they needed and more :) This post will be about all of the stuff I made myself; I'm sure Kayla will be posting plenty of pictures of Reesey's nursery soon. The first thing for our little Reesey was simply her name. The colors in her nursery are red, yellow, brown, white, and a touch of blue. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!

This is not the best picture (it was taken with my phone). It hangs right above her closet :)

My second project for her room was a mirror that used to be in Rylan's nursery. It was black and I just painted it red (figured it would be easier to change later without decorations on it)


It has a little bit of an antique look to it, nothing too fancy. It looks fantastic in her room!!!

The last thing I made for her room was a frame with a quote from her family on it. Kayla and Tyson pick which quote they would like on it and I paint it. I made one for Rylan when he was born, and I will probably continue this tradition with each of my nieces and nephews :) I wish I had a before picture of the frame, but I forgot to take one :( It was baby blue with 3 brown frames on it and it said "Cherish" on it.


Sorry it is a little blurry (stinking phone!!!), but you get the idea. This really gives a good idea of the nursery theme as well.

The last project I did was for my own room. Kayla and I had been looking for a chair we could redo for months with no luck :( After Kayla's maternity shoot, my friend Madison (the photographer) told me she had a few ugly chairs that she didn't need, and we could take one off of her hands if we wanted. DUH!!! we jumped on it, lol. So she gave me a very ugly green chair to redo for my desk.


Here is the beautiful green chair that Madison donated to us haha.


MY room (the basement lol) is red and brown and my new chair matches perfectly :)


Close up of the design.


And here is the bottom of the seat.

I didn't want to go too crazy, so I figured one decorative stripe would be perfect ;) That pretty much sums up my projects around here :) Hope you enjoy.

Before I end this, here is a little update on Eric :)
He tells me that he is doing well and is keeping busy. I usually wake up to a short and sweet facebook message every morning (Kayla makes fun of me because I literally sprint upstairs out of nowhere with my computer on occasion lol). He has been to a few villages, and he said the kids are sneaky. He tells me that the children will wave at them as they go by, but when their backs are to them, the kids flip them off. He also says that when they are in turrets, the kids will throw rocks down at them knowing they can't do anything back, but the parents do get on to them when they catch them doing it. He still loves the food I guess, but he did try camel for the 1st time a few days ago and he said it wasn't the greatest, lol. He really can't tell me much, and when we talk he seems to be more concerned about how I am doing and how his family is. He loves mail, so if anyone would like his address just ask me :) I would be more than happy to give it to you. As far as I know, Eric is doing just fine and is somewhat enjoying his job.
We are expecting our first niece Friday and he seems very excited. He keeps asking me how Kayla is and he wants lots of pictures of our little addition :) We can't wait to meet our little angel and shower her with love. Unfortunately Eric will have to wait a little longer than me, but he looks forward to meeting her over skype :)
Take care everyone, and God bless. I'm sure my next post will be all about our little Reesey Cup ;)
Love always,
Kyra

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your projects! Especially the ones that you helped with for your sweet niece and nephew! Thank you sister, I can't decorate without you.

    ReplyDelete