Monday, September 27, 2010

Sweet Sweet September!!!

On September 1st my sweet Husband finally came home to me. I don't think I got a minute of sleep the night before he got home. The tanks left the ship at 1 to head back to shore. We weren't supposed to go to base until around 4 to see them because they had to clean all the tanks before they could come see us ( I don't understand why they wanted to torture us like that lol) i just figured 3 months was long enough. Well I left our apartment around 12:30 so I could go watch them drive up. Needless to say, I was a little anxious to see my husband. I got there way too early because as you know, the military is very rarely on time lol. I had to sit in my car forever but, it was well worth it when I saw that first tank round the corner to pull in. Yes I started crying right away but, it only lasted a few minutes lol. After they finally pulled in, they went to the cleaning station and got to work. Me and 2 other girls decided to stand and watch them clean behind the gate instead of going to the grounds where everyone else was at. It was fun trying to spot our husbands in a sea of marines that are all wearing the exact same thing. Every little glimpse we got just made us that much more excited. it wasn't too hard to spot Eric, he was pretty much the only one with glowing hair lol. After standing there for about 3 hours they finally started to make their way towards the gate. At this moment I had chill bumps and tears in my eyes. It was like a movie when we finally saw each other, I sprinted up to the gate ( in my dress and heels I might add lol) and he ran up to me, dropped his bags, and picked my up off the ground. I swear I didn't let go for like 30 minutes lol.
That day was truly one off the best days of my life and nothing could ever top that moment when I finally got to hold him again.
Love and miss you all,
Kyra

1 comment: